[Solved] Remove contacts duplicate

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum [Solved] Remove contacts duplicate

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jbruggem 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

fastmail_user
    Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to detect and merge/remove duplicates ?

I just switched to Cardbook and because of some strange behavior of Gmail, I have a lot (500) of duplicates.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  CardBook.

fastmail_user
    Participant

I used Duplicate Contact Manager plugin but it only gives a list that you have to process manually entry by entry.

CardBook
    Keymaster

in the CardBook toolbar, there is an hamburger icon at the left, then choose Tools/Search for duplicate contacts… (or right click on your Cardbook address book)

fastmail_user
    Participant

Thanks it works indeed. However it was not possible to do a global merge/delete, I had to go one by one.

I ended up merging through an excel file, it’s much easier that way.

It’s a border case though (lot op duplicates), don’t bother changing your excellent add one/plugin !

Thanks

CardBook
    Keymaster

I don’t think that a global merge/delete would be a good option :O)

jbruggem
    Participant

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I don’t think that a global merge/delete would be a good option :O)

</div>

I don’t know about that; but an auto-merge when both sides of an entry are 100% identical would be awesome, and very useful in some use cases.

My use case is the following: I just realized some of my  contacts are missing due to a sync error with my phone; I now want to just re-import a full backup to make sure any missing entry is restored; but this means that all the existing entries now have duplicates. Since they are identical, it shouldn’t require any manual input to remove them !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.