[Solved] Find duplicate : ignore blank spaces

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum [Solved] Find duplicate : ignore blank spaces

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dams 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Dams
    Participant

I’m a big fan of the duplicate feature and I would like to suggest an improvement: ignore blanks when comparing fields.

For example, those numbers (entered on the phone, or computer) should be considered as equivalent.

• +33 6 01 02 03 04

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  CardBook.

CardBook
    Keymaster

blank spaces are already ignored… what you suggest is more than this but why not…

Dams
    Participant

Yes, you’re right, it’s more. It’s searching sub-strings. This means you need to define the amount of characters that should match (string length -4, 80% …)

CardBook
    Keymaster

will be fixed in 22.1, all these strings would be equal :

+33 6 11 22 33 44

00 33 6 11 22 33 44

06 11 22 33 44 (Marie)

Chris
    Keymaster

Does that mean that all numbers will be prefixed with the French country code????

Dams
    Participant

I hope the formatting is up to the user.

I personally prefix numbers because it works better when dialing from abroad, or when exchanging VCards with foreign people. But when I add a contact on Android after receiving a call, it’s note prefixed, neither formatted.

Hence I ended up with duplicates that where not detected.

CardBook
    Keymaster

the formatting is up to the user… I’ve just changed the comparison operator to make all these 4 strings equals

Dams
    Participant

That is what I had understood. I will like the duplicate feature even more than before 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.