Tagged: incompatible addon
26th June 2017 at 15:21 #790
When I enable “collect” and send a message so a real email address, I see <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>two</span> new entries in my “colleted addresses”-folder:
- the address I sent the message to
- the name of the IMAP folder the message is saved in,
The latter should not be added to collected addresses.
- This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Chris.
26th June 2017 at 17:01 #793
may you send me print screens (cardbook.thunderbird @gmail.com)… seems you have something weird…
27th June 2017 at 10:18 #797
7th September 2017 at 01:44 #1102
7th September 2017 at 09:13 #1105
13th September 2017 at 10:39 #1144
I finally found the culprit. As soon as I enable the Addon “Copy Sent to Current”, I see the IMAP folder addressbook entries in my “Collected Addresses” folders (for specific accounts to different IMAP folders in my case if that’s relevant) again.
Steps to reproduce:
– have both AddOns CardBook and Copy Sent to Current 1.1.7 installed
– set Sent folder to “default is current folder” in account settings
– define a “collected addresses” folder for an account/identity
– write a message with that identity to receipient which is not yet in any address book (so that it gets collected)
– one address book entry in “collected addresses” for the new receipient (maiden name, surname, common name, e-mail – as desired)
– one additional address book entry in “collected addresses” containing (only common name and e-mail – disturbing)
VCARDs created in my test:
(1) correctly collected contact:
(2) disturbing IMAP “contact”:
Copy Sent to Current AddOn website / author address:
Günter Gersdorf <email@example.com>
Reading that, I found that, while AMO yields CStC 1.1.7 as “current”, there are two further releases on his website. Installing 1.1.9 seems to solve the issue! I’ll contact Günter now to aask whether he published his AddOn to AMO yet. (I know that it can take weeks till it’s visible on AMO.)
Isssues seems to be solved for now. I’ll keep an eye on it.
13th September 2017 at 11:27 #1150
Hmmm, seems to me I was too quick. Multiple accounts and thus multiple “collected addresses” folders led to the desired contact being created in the collected addresses folder of one account, yet the IMAP folder “contact” was created in another, so that I did not see it.
=> You should be able to reproduce the issue with current CardBook + Copy Sent to Current 1.1.9, too.
Please contact each other and try to find a good solution. THANKS!!!
13th September 2017 at 11:56 #1151
cannot reproduce… contact is correctly collected in CardBook…
15th September 2017 at 20:03 #1158
Thank you for fixing this in version 22.1, Philippe.
Thank your for your help to investigate, Günter.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.