Address Book Field Name Display

Cardbook for Thunderbird Forums Main Forum Address Book Field Name Display

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Dave
    Participant

I’m running 27.0 and noticed a small problem with the address book field display. This is the row above all addresses that is customizable and shows things like Display Name, Emails, Phones, etc.

Sometimes when I customize the display, such as removing Birthday, the field name is removed as it should. But when I close Cardbook and reopen, the Birthday field reappears. This doesn’t happen all the time and it can be any field. Other times after removing a field name it works correctly and the proper fields are displayed upon closing and reopening Cardbook.

CardBook
    Keymaster

Seems to work for me : are you sure that you look the same address book ?… now the columns choice is per address book, so removing one column is only set for one address book

Dave
    Participant

I’m sure I was using the same address book. I know it’s weird and not always repeatable. I’ll post again the next time it happens.

mgagnonlv
    Participant

Well, the fields “Date of Birth” and “Last update” reappear after each update (or at least after the last 2 or 3 updates). So could that be your issue?

Dave
      Participant

I think the problem was as mgagnonlv described. I wasn’t aware CardBook was updated each time when this happened. I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem since my original post.

CardBook
    Keymaster

update of contact ?… still cannot reproduce…

CardBook
    Keymaster

have you got errors in your console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) ?

Dave
    Participant

As I mentioned in my last post, I think the problem I saw occurred when Cardbook updated. I have not been able to duplicate the problem by adding or deleting fields.

So it seems that for a few recent updates, every time Cardbook updated the “date of birth” and “last update” fields would reappear. However, it did not happen with the 27.0 to 27.1 or the 27.1 to 27.2 update so it looks like the problem is fixed. Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.